Friday, April 27, 2007

Ready to Work Abroad?? (by Fatima)

Globalization is a key word today. The world is shrinking and we now know the importance of understanding different cultures. I found an excellent article followed by a questionairre at the end which helps you assess what kind of person you are and how well you can adapt to change. The level of your ethnocentrism will help you assess how well you can adapt to the laws of other countries and your chances of flourishing if you are interested in working abroad.
I enjoyed this, I suggest you give it a try!

3 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

I liked this! Apparently I'm set to go abroad :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Byers said...

Interesting article it looks like i have to weigh out my options before deciding to go abroad but very interesting what they use as measuring tools to see if you're ready.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Nick Hursh said...

I really liked this article. I may find some difficulty, but would be able succeed abroad. Before taking the survey test, I figured the questions would be more along the lines of employment in measuring peoples' abilities. The questions were somewhat surprising. I have learned a lot about working abroad through this article and mostly through our class presentations. I am going to leave it as a possibility for the future as I have seen some encouraging lifestyles in general and with employment in several countries.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home