Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Work/Life Balance

After our class discussion about work/life balance I was talking to my parents about it. They informed me that Cincinnati passed a law that companies had to stagger when employees arrived and left the office. This was enacted to lessen the amount of traffic employees endured to and from work. Companies not have 7-3, 9-5, and 10-6. This has cut down commute time by a third. While this seems like a very radical way that law can enter the workforce it has seemed to work and make employees happy. I think it is a great idea but it is very limited on what type of cities could utilize it. Besides the mid-sized cities like a Cincinnati or Indianapolis this might not work. Major cities like LA, Chicago, or New York would have too many commuters I think to makes this a feasible option. I wondering what other people thought of the process Cincinnati has in place and if you had any possible alternatives that would be applicable in larger cities?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home