Friday, March 09, 2007

Recent Interview

I interviewed yesterday for an internship with a company in Ft. Wayne, and I thought about our class as the interviewer started talking about how his son is currently going to the same high school that I went to. He also said he thought he recognized me from caddying at his golf club. While these discussions were good ice-breakers for the interview, I could not help to think that I was getting an edge over the other interviewees by talking about these things. I hope that these discussions do help me out in continuing in the interview process, but I wonder if any of you think that he crossed the line in asking these questions. In judging how the interview went after this discussion, I would definitely say that this initial conversation helped me out greatly and would be surprised if I did not get a second interview. It could be that my other credentials were more important, but I think that by relating to the interviewer it will certainly help. Let me know what you think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home